Welcome to the Howard-Winneshiek CSD Business department. The Business department is responsible for the following:
- Development and submission of the district’s certified budget to the Iowa Department of Management
- Completion of the district’s Certified Annual Report and Special Education Supplement with the Iowa Department of Education
- Completion of the district’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Fnancial reporting to the School Board as part of the management information system
- Development of the district’s operational budget
- financial monitoring of district’s programs and award budgets
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- In addition, the department works closely with the Human Resources department for payroll and benefits.
The Business department is committed to providing current financial information to the district administrators to enable them to make the appropriate decisions to benefit student learning and school operation.