The Howard-Winneshiek CSD places value and emphasis on the earliest stages of literacy development by providing a high quality Pre-Kindergarten program.
We place an emphasis on parent involvement which includes parent volunteers, classroom activities, take-home projects, parent conferences, workshops, and field trips.
Our mission is to prepare and empower our students to think creatively and strengths. In an effort to provide children with this environment, our overall goal is to provide an atmosphere of respect where children and adults demonstrate respect for themselves, others, and their properties.
- All children can learn.
- Children have different learning styles.
- Children are unique individuals with different abilities and interests.
- Children can develop self-discipline and strategies for conflict resolution.
- Children can become lifelong learners.
- Schools can produce good citizens.
- Families are our valued partners.