Parents can now view SchoolMessenger sent messages and set contact preferences for SchoolMessenger in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
This new feature now appears in the Parent Portal. To access this information you will need to log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal account. If you do not have one, please contact the building secretary for assistance on setting up an account.
How to View Messages in your Parent Portal
- Log into PowerSchool Parent Portal here.
- Under the Navigation menu on the left click the School Messenger icon. This will open a new SchoolMessenger window. If you cannot see the icon, you are logged into a student account. Create a parent account by following these directions.
- All messages sent about your child(ren) over the last two weeks can now easily be viewed.
- If you have more than one child, their names will display in separate tables.
- To view the sent message click “read email.”
How to Set your Contact Preferences
- While in the SchoolMessenger window, click the contacts tab at the top of the screen
- The first name, last name and ID# of your child(ren) will now appear in a table.
- If you would like to keep the district’s default settings there is nothing else you need to do.
- If you would like to edit your settings click the “edit” link on the right.
- If you have more than one child, you will need to set your preferences for each child.
- Then select how you would prefer to be contacted for each message type.
- Please note there are some minimal requirements that need to be met and you may not be able to remove all phone numbers from some message types.
- If you notice incorrect or missing contact information, please contact your building secretary to update this information in PowerSchool.
- Please remember to receive an SMS text message from SchoolMessenger the cell phone number(s) must be in PowerSchool and the “opt-in” process must be completed by texting one of the key words: “Y”, “Yes,” “Subscribe,” “Optin” or Opt In” to 68453.