Due to extreme weather conditions/concerns, the BIG BLAST has been cancelled for Thursday, January 8th. The rescheduled date will be on Friday, March 20th.
Crestwood Elementary is seeking parent input and thoughts regarding our SINA plan. Please email John Carver (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Terese Jurgensen (email@example.com) with any comments, ideas or concerns by . Parental input is a critical component during this planning year for the restructuring of building leadership teams for the 2015-2016 school year.
To view more information on SINA, please click here
"Reimbursement forms will be available through a third party at a later date. Forms are NOT available at the school."
For information about the settlement with Martin Brothers, and how you may be entitled to recover damages, please visit http://iowaschoolfoodsettlement.com/. This is your only source for this information. The District does not and will not have any forms available.
Smith Class Action Suit
This is a class action suit filed on the premise that Martin Brothers conspired to restrain competition in the market for the retail sale of food to schools and that Martin Brothers attempted to monopolize that market in violation of Iowa antitrust laws.
This case drug on because Martin Brothers was not willing to settle the case because they thought the claims were baseless.
After consulting with their attorneys, Martin Brothers generally made a business decision to limit their legal fees and attempt to reach a settlement through mediation.
The settlement agreement was filed with the Clerk of District Court in Dallas County on .
The key points of the Martin Brothers settlement in the case are these:
• Martin Brothers will pay $1,925,000 to create a settlement fund which will provide monetary relief to the settlement class.
• The settlement class is anyone who paid for a school lunch between January 1, 2000, and July 31,2014.
• A third party will arrange to have notices published in an attempt to reach 88% of Iowa’s residents. This means that notices will be published in 14 of Iowa’s largest newspapers. The notice will direct interested persons to a website.
• Individuals in the settlement class may complete and submit paperwork to receive reimbursement. Individuals in the class may receive $3.50 for each year they attended a participating school district up to a maximum of $50.00.
• Any funds remaining after attorney’s fees and class members receive their payments will be paid to participating school districts on a pro rata basis.
This calendar has been board approved for the 2014-2015 school year.